NCERT Solutions for Claass 12 Biology of all chapters is available here. CBSE Students can view these solutions for free here. NCERT solutions of Biology is very important for all the students for there board examinations as well as NEET examination 2022. Each and every students of class 12 who opted Biology must go through these solutions.
In this section we have uploaded the NCERT Solution For class 12 Biology CH-4 Reproductive Health.
Add Your Heading Text HereReproductive Health NCERT Exercise
1. What do you think is the significance of reproductive health in a society?
Ans- It is significant because of following reasons:-
- Sexually Transmitted Disease and methods to avoid them.
- Birth Control methods and advantages of dmall family.
- Importance breast feeding and post natal care of the mother and baby
- equal opportunities formale and female children.
2. Suggest the aspects of reproductive health which need to be given special attention in the present scenario.
The aspects of reproductive health which need to be given special attention are :
- Introduction of sex education in schools to give right information to the young minds about reproductive organs, accessory organs of reproduction, secondary sexual characters, adolescence and related changes, safe and hygienic sexual practices, STDs etc.
- Providing knowledge about available birth control methods, care of pregnant mothers, post-natal care of the mother and child, importance of breast feeding etc.
- Creating awareness about consequences of uncontrolled population growth and social evils (sex abuses and sex-related crimes, use of drugs, tobacco and alcohol etc.) among young people.
3. Is sex education necessary in schools? Why?
Yes, sex education is necessary in schools. It is because of the following reasons:
- To impart apt and necessary information to students in order to save them from misconceptions and myths about sex-related topics
- Provides appropriate knowledge about adolescence, reproductive organs and related concepts
- Creates awareness amongst students about the need for hygienic and safe sexual practices, sexually transmitted diseases. This helps students, specifically those in adolescence to lead a healthy, reproductive life
4. Do you think that reproductive health in our country has improved in the past 50 years? If yes, mention some such areas of improvement.
Ans- Yes it has improved in last 50 years .
Some such areas of improvement are :-
- increasing use of contraceptives
- family planning.
- massive child immunization
- maternity and child health
5. What are the suggested reasons for population explosion?
Ans-The following are the suggested reasons for population explosion:-
- Decline in Infant Mortality Rate
- Decline in Maternal Mortality Rate
- Decline in Death rate
- Increase in the number of people in the reproductive age.
6. Is the use of contraceptives justified ? Give reasons.
Yes, the use of contraceptives is completely justified.
Human population is increasing exponentially. In order to regulate this population growth, keeping a check on the process of reproduction has become the need of the hour. For this, different contraceptive devices have been circulated for use so as to reduce unwanted pregnancies which has helped to lessen the recorded count of birth rate thereby regulating the process of population explosion.
7. Removal of gonads cannot be considered as a contraceptive option. Why?
Ans- A complete removal of gonads cannot be contraceptive option as it will lead to infertility and make several hormones unavailable which are crucial for the normal functioning of accessory reproductive parts.
Contraception is used to prevent any chance of fertilization and not make a person infertile for life as removal of gonads would do.
8. Amniocentesis for sex determination is banned in our country. Is this ban necessary? Comment.
Ans- Amniocentesis is a pre-natal diagnostic technique which is used to determine the sex and the metabolic ailments of the developing foetus in the uterus of the mother which is carried out by observing chromosomal patterns.
Since Amniocentesis is misused to find out the sex of the foetus leading to female foeticides, it is necessary.Since Amniocentesis is misused to find out the sex of the foetus leading to female foeticides, it is necessary
9. Suggest some methods to assist infertile couples to have children.
Ans- The inability of a couple to produce a baby in spite of unprotected sexual intercourse is termed as infertility which can arise due to congenital diseases, physical, psychological and immunological factors.
Following are some methods to bear children for infertile couples :-
(i) In vitro fertilization – Patient’s egg & her partner’s sperm are collected & mixed together in a laboratory to achieve fertilization outside the body. The embryo produced may then be transferred into the female patient. It is commonly knownas test tube baby programme.
(ii) Gamete Intra Fallopian Transfer (GIFT) – A procedure in which eggs are retrieved from a woman, mixed with sperm & immediately replaced in one or other of the women’s fallopian tubes so that they fertilize inside the body (invivo).
(iii) Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)– In this method, sperm & eggs are retrieved from both the parents. A single sperm is injected directly into an egg, then the fertilized egg is implanted into the woman’s uterus.
(iv)Artificial insemination – In this technique, the semen is collected either from husband or a healthy donor & is artificially introduced either into the vagina or into the uterus of the female (IUI-Intra uterine insemination).
10. What are the measures one has to take to prevent from contracting STDs ?
- Using Condoms during intercourse.
- Avoiding sex with unknown or multiple partners.
- Education & counselling of persons at risk on ways to adopt safer sexual behaviou
- In case of doubt, go for medical professional for early detection and get complete treatment if diagnosed with disease.
11. State True/False with explanation
(a) Abortions could happen spontaneously too. (True/False)
(b) Infertility is defined as the inability to produce a viable offspring and is always due to abnormalities/defects in the female partner. (True/False)
(c) Complete lactation could help as a natural method of contraception. (True/False)
(d) Creating awareness about sex related aspects is an effective method to improve reproductive health of the people. (True/False)
Ans: (a) True. Due to internal factors like incompatibility, abortion could happen spontaneously.
(b)False. It is due to abnormalities/defects in either male or female or both the partners.
(c)True, but it is limited to period up to six months after parturition.
(d)True. Creating awareness about sex-related aspects removes the myths and miconcep- tions about these problems..
12. Correct the following statements:
(a) Surgical methods of contraception prevent gamete formation.
(b )Ail sexually transmitted diseases are completely curable.
(c) Oral pills are very popular contraceptives, among the rural women.
(d) In E.T. techniques, embryos are always transferred into the uterus.
Ans: (a) Surgical methods of contraception prevent gamete transport & thereby prevent conception.
(b) Except for hepatitis-B, genital herpes, and HIV infections, other STD diseases are completely curable if detected early and treated properly.
(c) Oral pill are very popular contraceptives among the educated urban women.
(d) In E.T. techniques, embryos with 8 blastomeres are transferred into fallopian tube and more than 8 blastomeres are transferred into the uterus.
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an autonomous organization established in 1961 by the Government of India to assist and advise the Central and State Governments on policies and programs for quality improvement in school education. The main objectives of NCERT and its components are: to conduct, promote and coordinate research in areas related to school education; prepare and publish sample textbooks, supplementary materials, newsletters, magazines and develop educational kits, multimedia digital materials, etc. organize pre-school and in-service teacher training; develop and disseminate innovative educational techniques and practices; collaborate and network with state education departments, universities, NGOs and other educational institutions; act as a clearinghouse for ideas and information on matters relating to school education; and acts as a nodal body for achieving the goals of the universalization of basic education. Besides research, development, training, extension, publication and dissemination activities, NCERT is the implementing agency for bilateral cultural exchange programs with other countries in the field of school education. NCERT also collaborates and collaborates with international organizations, visits foreign delegations and offers various training facilities for teaching staff from developing countries.